The holiday season is a wonderful time to gather with friends and family for home-cooked meals. Every BlueStar™ professional range comes with restaurant quality features that can help you take your holiday meal preparation to an entirely new level. It has the versatility to: sear specialty meats at high temperatures, simmer delicate holiday sauces, cook tricky, temperature-dependent seasonal treats, and let you cook like pro in your home kitchen with the professional-grade 22,000 BTU UltraNova® burner.
The range’s 22,000 BTU UltraNova® burner delivers an intense flame to sear in the flavor and juiciness of meats, like a holiday flank steak.
That same burner that has the power to sear and sizzle at ultra-high temperatures can quickly adjust to simmer at just 130 degrees. You’ll find you can gently warm drinks like eggnog without scalding. This kind of simmer control makes melting a holiday chocolate sauce effortless – no more burned residue at the bottom of your double boiler, and in fact, no need for a double boiler anymore!
The precision and control of the BlueStar burner means you can take on the challenge of cooking some of the most difficult, temperature-sensitive holiday candies like a pro. The ideal cooking temperature of English Toffee is notoriously difficult to reach on a stovetop, but with the precision flame of a BlueStar range you can reach and maintain the ideal temperature for perfect holiday candies every time.
The holiday season is also a busy time of year for roasting and baking. BlueStar’s 30”, 36”, 48” & 60” ranges each feature a full-extension rack, and space enough for an 18”x26” commercial baking sheet. With this superior oven capacity, there’s no need to choose between roasting your turkey and baking a pie—you can cook both at once.
Cooking during the holidays can be a big job, but with the versatile, powerful, and precise cooking features of a BlueStar range, you will be ready to cook up a delicious holiday season.
In the spirit of the upcoming holiday season, we’d like to share one of our All Star chef’s recipes for Roasted Chicken with Yukons and Green Beans. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 – Whole chicken, 2 ½ lbs
- 4 cloves – Garlic, minced
- 4 leaves – Fresh sage, chopped
- 1 sprig – Fresh rosemary, stem removed, chopped
- 2 sprigs – Fresh oregano, stem removed, chopped
- 1 lb – Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon – Salt
- 1 teaspoon – Ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons – Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit with convection fan on.
2. Place chicken on cutting board and remove any innards and save for another use or discard. Wipe chicken dry with paper towels. Mix the chopped herbs together with garlic and half of the salt and pepper.
3. With the chicken cavity facing you, place index finger under the skin and carefully form a pocket over each breast of the chicken. Using your fingers, push the herb mix under the skin and spread evenly over the chicken breast without tearing the skin. Pin the wings back and using butcher’s twine tie the legs together. Rub the chicken with the remaining salt and pepper.
4. Place potatoes in a tight even circle on the roasting pan. Top the potatoes with the chicken and drizzle with the olive oil.
5. Place in the center of the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
6. Carve and serve with the chicken fat roasted potatoes underneath and enjoy.
All BlueStar ranges are custom made to order in the USA and are available in 190 colors to match any kitchen décor.
This month’s Dealer Spotlight is focused on Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery of Vista, California. Founded in 1953, Ferguson has grown to be one of the largest and most diverse wholesale distributors in the country. The Vista, CA location is devoted to service and to making your dream home a reality with everything you will need for your remodeling project, including cabinets, lighting, plumbing, and appliances. Ferguson Vista proudly features a full line-up of BlueStar appliances to suit your home design and culinary needs. Whether you are a professional chef, or just want to cook like one, BlueStar commercial-grade ranges raise the bar on quality and performance. As a BlueStar dealer, Ferguson is sure to have the BlueStar range for your kitchen, and is dedicated to delighting culinary enthusiasts with the best service and products.